Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Walden

Standing on the thick yellow sand
The wind blowing in my face
My mind begins to flow as planned
As I believe I'm in space


The ripple of the water pushing towards my feet
The way Fitz was looking at me
I was surely in the hot seat


Pine needles falling down
The trees slowly started turning brown
We all picked up rocks to skip
And suddenly Malcolm decided to take a dip


Many people call it home
To me, it surely looked like Rome
The pond is full of history
Located in Concord, it's always a mystery


Who was this man they called Thoreau
Said he lived in cabin during the snow
Writing about the place he loved
A serene he would never get rid of


This man was said to be the best
Known as the man who has been blessed
His name was Henry David Thoreau
And Walden Pond was his home.






(Walden Pond home of David Thoreau)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I love this, Maahin! What a great way to capture our day at the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great poem Maahin! I also love the blog, keep posting and giving updates on Fenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the varied yet similar topics to each of the stanzas/individual poems. I really like the way your blog is going

    ReplyDelete